Lazy days: in Hobart... - In Tasmania - CycleBlaze

Lazy days: in Hobart...

As is wrote "the morning dawned cold and clear", a most welcome change after the showers of the last two days. I finished the last of my provisioning, and agonised over what to jettison from my load, before taking a last wander around the waterfront. The cold start soon became a warm bright sunny day, a trend that I hope continues.

Here are a few more Hobart scenes.

The Lady Nelson is moored alongside my favourite seafood restaurant (Fish Frenzy) at the Elizabeth Street pier...

Alfie enjoys a tete-a-tete with some rather stiffly formal locals...

Quite a little scene happening here - Louis Bernacchi (son of Diego Bernacchi, Maria Island entrepreneur), was an Antarctic explorer and photographer...

The fishing fleet was a hive of maintenance activity - the season must be starting soon...Mt Wellington looms in the background. The 22 km ride to the summit is a challenge I'll postpone to the end of the tour...

The basin on the right is Constitution Dock, finishing point for the Sydney to Hobart yacht race. Try the floating fish shops for a novel dining experience...

The May Queen, a lovingly restored historic sailing vessel...

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0