Day 7 - Bull River CG to the Country Inn, Libby MT - Idaho to Glacier National Park via Canada - CycleBlaze

August 7, 2017

Day 7 - Bull River CG to the Country Inn, Libby MT

First morning cool enough to warrant my fleece jacket. Hit the road early and enjoyed being cold for a change. We turned off 200 and onto Highway 56, the intersection was just past Bull River. We knew this section had limited services until Libby, over 50 miles away, but we had water and snacks to get us there. About 2 hours into the day a car passes us and pulls over. Apparently, in the dark of the morning, I left my tent stakes at Bull River CG and some fellow campers were kind enough to track us down! Thank you kind strangers! We made quick time to the intersection with Highway 2 near Kootenai Falls, but from there into Libby it was a solid headwind that required pedaling even on the downhills. Once in Libby we decided a hotel with a shower and close proximity to a Restaurant was in order. The Country Inn it is.

Big Horn country! I'm use to car horn country.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It's rough getting up and out of the tent in the dark but I love the morning rides.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A River Country Welcome.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Traffic was again nil, some smoke but not too bad.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Libby MT. A little smokey and dusty, but good grub and showers.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 291 miles (468 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0