Day 5 - Murray ID to Finlay Flats Campground Montana - Idaho to Glacier National Park via Canada - CycleBlaze

August 5, 2017

Day 5 - Murray ID to Finlay Flats Campground Montana

Up early again, eager to get over Thompson Pass and into Montana. Getting into some pretty remote territory today, not much for services except a small cafe at the Highway 200 junction, and a (Mennonite?) Store with an odd selection of goods. We had to walk a few sections of the road up over the pass but it was not too bad and we were feeling stronger. I haven't even asked Billy how his knee feels but he hasn't complained about it today, which is positive. Arrived at a hot and dusty Finlay Flats Campground just after 1pm. We had minimal water and the CG has none, fortunately the camp host Larry offered to fill our bottles from his RV tank. We also had a fellow camper come by and, after confessing to almost running us off the road a few miles back, gave us some fried fish he had just caught a few hours ago. Yum! Hot again but we're dealing with it.

Oatmeal with dehydrated blueberries and coffee, breakfast of champions.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Thompson Pass, then into Montana!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Was 99 degrees in the shade here, the store had 50 pound bags of sugar but not much for the touring cyclist.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 40 miles (64 km)
Total: 202 miles (325 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0