Day 2 - Little Boulder CG to St Maries - Idaho to Glacier National Park via Canada - CycleBlaze

August 2, 2017

Day 2 - Little Boulder CG to St Maries

Emerged from our tents at 5AM and were rolling by 6:10. The cool of the morning provided nice riding up HWY 3. Although services are limited in this stretch, we did get water and snacks at Fernwood. We passed through nice farmland and encountered some cows who had escaped and were roaming the shoulder of the highway. About 15 minutes later a rancher walking down the road yelled out to us "have you seen my cows?" Guess I'm out of Silicon Valley now. The days ride was pretty challenging and we opted to walk a bit on a few of the steepest grades, as walking at 3 mph seems easier than riding at 3.5 mph. The final downhill in to St Maries was welcome and we were soon in an air conditioned hotel room pondering our dining options. It was really hot today, and smokey from near by wildfires. The last 45 minutes of riding was pretty brutal, we may need to scale back miles to get off the road by noon.

Shade breaks were the primary objective. Not many pics today, the heat was putting the whammy on.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 54 miles (87 km)
Total: 90 miles (145 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0