Day 17 - Babb MT to Glacier Park - Idaho to Glacier National Park via Canada - CycleBlaze

August 17, 2017

Day 17 - Babb MT to Glacier Park

Today was an easy day, with short mileage to our destination for the day, Rising Sun Campground at Glacier National Park. We stopped in St Mary's, which is between Babb and the East Glacier entrance. Had the first good breakfast in a few days. The ride into the Park was pleasant as it was still early in the day and the tourist traffic had not ramped up yet. Arrived at Rising Sun Campground and set up camp in the Hiker/Biker site. $5 and no reservation required. We promptly walked over to the shuttle bus station, got on a bus, and explored the Sun Point and Logan Pass areas. Terrific day, my first time at Glacier and my mind was blown.

Started the day with a nice down hill from Duck Lake Lodge back to Highway 89.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We knew we were getting close to Glacier Park when we saw these rolling icons.
Heart 1 Comment 0
St Mary's Visitor Center.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The ride in got us pumped, nice vistas everywhere.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After setting up camp we walked to the shuttle stop and got a ride up to the Logan Pass Visitor Center.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Alpine scenery was beautiful.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I took way too many photo's this day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
More stunning views.
Heart 0 Comment 0
You can see Going to the Sun Road crossing the pass here. We will ride over this stretch the next day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sun Point vista.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Back at the Rising Sun Campground Hiker / Biker site, lots of company.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 18 miles (29 km)
Total: 636 miles (1,024 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0