Transitions - Vuelta a Iberia - CycleBlaze

December 16, 2019

Transitions

We’re hopefully going to make it to San Diego today.  We’ve made it through security and are at the boarding gate in Istanbul waiting for our our fourteen hour flight to San Francisco to board.  We leave Europe shortly, so this feels like a reasonable spot to stop.  There might be more to say about the flight, but I’ll pick up the thread in San Diego: Our next tour  starts today, when we arrive.

There is probably more to say about this tour as well - words of wisdom, favorite rides, cities, lodgings, statistics - but I’m going to skip the post-tour recap this time.  If you’ve been following along and paying attention, you already know what we think of the country we’ve spent the last three months anyway.

And besides, I’m just not feeling up to it this morning.  There’s a bit of an update on yesterday’s post though, by way of explanation.  We don’t think Rachael was suffering from food poisoning after all.  We think she caught the flu.  We think I did too.

Rise and shine!
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 8
Suzanne GibsonI just hope you can sleep through the flight and that you recover quickly from whatever bug you have! Hasta la vista in San Diego!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Andrea BrownOh no! Let’s hope it’s not a Norovirus or that flight is going to be pure hell. Fingers crossed.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Bruce LellmanSo sorry to hear this. I hope your flight is not one you will talk about as the flight from Hell. To be sick on a plane is no fun at all. Good luck.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jen RahnAaauuuugh!

Yes, hope it's a short-lived bug that doesn't interfere too much with your ability to rest on the flight.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Ron Suchanek+1 on the Norovirus. Hope you both feel better soon.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Tricia GrahamI do feel for you I was sick last year flying from Auckland to NZ and it was pure hell
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Angela NaefI so enjoyed following your adventures. Thank you for sharing and making it so interesting. I’ll miss my vicarious travel through Spain and Portugal every evening when I read your daily update. Hope you are both feeling better soon.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Scott AndersonThanks again for keeping us company, Angela. We’re sorry to see it end ourselves, although we are enjoying having a whole conversation in English again. It was time for a change, but I’m sure we’ll be back if health and luck hold out.

And thanks for the wishes for our health. We’re both fully recovered, thankfully.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago