In Málaga, day 2 - Vuelta a Iberia - CycleBlaze

November 21, 2019

In Málaga, day 2

Keeping up with the blog is really pretty easy when you don’t do much of anything.  Not too much to report today, so this will go fast.  Today was considerably wetter, and we spent a good part of the day indoors keeping warm and dry.  We did a bit of trip planning, caught up on the news and the blogs, and Rachael dipped into the new John Le Carre novel that just came out.  We made it out to a visit of the cathedral because it seemed like we should, and went for a walk along the waterfront in the only real weather break of the day.  We ate in for breakfast, went out to a cafe for lunch, and had a great meal at Cervantes in the evening.  We gave the bikes a rest for the second straight day.  Ami forgetting anything?  No, I think that about covers it.

It was great.  Everybody’s happy.

Entrance to the Malaga Cathedral
Heart 2 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 1 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 2 Comment 0
Image not found :(
After the Alcazar and the Mezquita it’s hard to be too impressed, but the golden apse of the Málaga Cathedral is really quite special.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 1 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 1 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Roasted chestnuts! 3 euros for a small bag, 5 for a large one.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Here’s an odd decor concept. This is a cafe in the Soho Disteict. I don’t think they serve cereal at all.
Heart 2 Comment 3
Bruce LellmanNow there's something I never even thought about collecting, Scott. And never will.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Bruce LellmanOh, you should! It would look great lining a wall of your new airBnB unit out back. A compelling original feature that is bound to draw in the clients.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jen RahnTo Bruce LellmanI think Scott is on to something here .. think of how cool that would look with the photo of your dad and his Corn Flakes.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Image not found :(
Looking up from the waterfront. Atop is the Gibralfaro, and below it is the parador.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Malaga lighthouse.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Waiting for the sun.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The elegant and intriguing Palmeral de los Supresas (the palm garden of surprises), along the modern waterfront.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Image not found :(
The cathedral from the waterfront.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Scooters are everywhere! Often, a line of them lies collapsed on the pavement. Sad!
Heart 1 Comment 0
The small Soho District, near the waterfront, has a reputation as the best place in the city for street art. This is Mujer Fatal, a portrait of the artist’s wife and a symbol for peace.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Image not found :(
In the Soho District. This one will appeal particularly to those squirrel haters out there.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Image not found :(
In the Soho District
Heart 3 Comment 0
In the Soho District
Heart 2 Comment 0
In the Soho District
Heart 1 Comment 0
In the Soho District
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0