Setubal to Comporta - More Dreaming - Lisbon to Barcelona - CycleBlaze

April 7, 2022

Setubal to Comporta

The Bocage Hotel is not the Solar in Lisbon but it was super clean, the staff were helpful, the breakfast was excellent and the price at 58€ was a deal!  They have a prime location in the centre of town and welcome bike tourers heading up and down the EuroVelo1.  

We caught the 10:30 ferry across to the Troia Peninsula.  Finally the cycling on this trip begins in earnest as we glided south on the quiet N235.  It was mostly flat sandy scrub land but with a tall sand-dune to the right that blocked views of the Praia (beach) da Malha da Costa and the winds from the Atlantic Ocean on the other side of it. 

In no time we cycled by the town of Comporta heading 7km further along to our hotel, Verde e Mare with its simple rooms, patios and included breakfast.  After checking in we took off south to explore the beautiful Praia do Carvahal.  There were a few others out too, enjoying the later afternoon sun. 

We returned to a nearby restaurant for a simple dinner before heading home to catch up in writing our blog posts.  Tomorrow we’ll be in Sines.

Ferry from Setubal
Heart 1 Comment 0
Looking back at Setubal
Heart 1 Comment 2
Karen Quinnlooks like cool and overcast weather! Better than the occasional snow flakes we are seeing here!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
ann and steve maher-wearyTo Karen QuinnHi Karen
Thanks for checking out the blog. It is warmer now here in Quartaria along the Algarve Coast. So far so good. Happy Easter! I hope you have seen some grand bunnies this weekend!!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Storks
Heart 4 Comment 0
Beach at Comporta
Heart 3 Comment 0
Living the dream, or dreaming the life?
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 41 km (25 miles)
Total: 57 km (35 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Kathleen WearyAh so helpful to see the route! Glad mom is getting some rest on the beach…
Reply to this comment
1 year ago