S’ Arenal to Fer de Cap Blanc - More Dreaming - Lisbon to Barcelona - CycleBlaze

May 20, 2022

S’ Arenal to Fer de Cap Blanc

We read an article in the UK Times that recommended 9 fabulous rides in Mallorca. The one out of Arenal described a 60 km loop of quiet country roads and sleepy villages.  The first 10km out of Arenal was more like the quiet country road from Vancouver to Squamish (our BC friends will understand that this was in fact rather busy).  Eventually, the route turned on to a side road which was indeed quiet, peaceful and picturesque. 

From the road we caught only a few glimpses of the coast before arriving at Fer de Cap Blanc.  We locked the bikes and wandered the perimeter of the lighthouse on pathways that run alongside the fence out to the expansive views of sea and dramatic cliffs that crash straight down to the water. 

We continued inland meeting many speedy cyclists on now very quiet roads stopping only to view the Zoetry Hotel with its beautiful neo-gothic church and windmill on the 14th C historic estate of Sa Torre.  There was a German Skoda Dealership Convention taking place so the parking lot was full of shiny new cars.  A few minutes after we left, a posse of Skoda cars passed us on their way to try out this year’s hot models on the curvy roads and switchbacks of the island.  A good day to be a German dealership owner!

The last 10 km was a fast downhill back to S’Arenal.  With temperatures well over 35 degrees we spent the afternoon lounging in Ac before heading to the beach for a swim at 5pm. 

The beach was perfect at this hour. A great way to end another fab cycling day.  

Fer de Cap Blanc
Heart 4 Comment 0
Fer de Cap Blanc
Heart 2 Comment 0
Ahh, quiet country roads
Heart 3 Comment 0
Man’s different means of speedy transportation, posing in front of the traditional Mallorcan-style manor house, La Torre.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Last look before the fast downhill back to town and the beach for a swim.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Just about perfect.
Heart 4 Comment 0


 

Today's ride: 43 km (27 miles)
Total: 1,847 km (1,147 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Rachael AndersonI’m loving following all the different groups bicycling in Mallorca. We hope to spend some time there during the winter.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
ann and steve maher-wearyRachel, you are going to enjoy Mallorca. And yes it's been fun meeting the other Cycle Blazers.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago