Alcudia to Calla Sant Vicenc and back - More Dreaming - Lisbon to Barcelona - CycleBlaze

May 28, 2022

Alcudia to Calla Sant Vicenc and back

Today is the last official bike ride of the trip, although a leisurely, short one is planned.  40km out and back to Calla Sant Vicenc, a beach that a friend of Ann’s said was a lovely destination for the day. 

So with swimsuits in tow we headed off at 10:30am.  We cycled almost to Port Pollenca  before turning inland to skirt around the rugged mountains that we climbed to Cap Formentor.   Quiet laneways took us most of the rest of the way, peaceful and warm as we got closer to noon. 

Calla Sant Vicenc is beautiful!  It’s a small crescent shape beach of golden sand wedged between impressive rock formations and turquoise water.  The water is a little more difficult to swim in with a rocky bottom and a riptide farther out, but we were overheated after our ride so jumped right in.  It was heavenly!  Thanks Sandra for telling us about this gem. 

For lunch we decided to go back to the town of Pollenca that we had passed through briefly yesterday.  It seemed so charming that we were eager to explore it more.  It was 7km to Pollenca so in no time we were browsing the stores and checking out restaurant menus. 

We found a restaurant on a narrow lane with lots of shade, perfect on a 30+ degree day.  What a delight to just wile away an afternoon in the most pleasant of settings.  It’s little places like this that leave us wanting to come back to Europe just to see what we might find around the next corner, the next perfect village…

From Pollenca with a strong tailwind, we sailed the 17km home, just in time for a wee rest before….  another mealtime.  It’s a good thing that the trip is winding down, or we will be needing stretch waist pants soon.  

A lovely little beach at Calla San Vicenc.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Looks calm but the waves and currents are deceptively powerful.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Staying cool in the shade on Pollenca lanes.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Lunch in Pollenca.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 49 km (30 miles)
Total: 2,193 km (1,362 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
David MathersYou’ve had an amazing adventure. Looking forward to following along next time. Keep on cycling 🚴‍♀️
Cheers 🍻
Dave and Anne
Reply to this comment
1 year ago