Alcudia beach and ferry to Barcelona - More Dreaming - Lisbon to Barcelona - CycleBlaze

May 29, 2022 to May 30, 2022

Alcudia beach and ferry to Barcelona

We really did spend the day at the beach and the hotel pool. Wonderful!

The next day after a last delicious breakfast and good byes to the efficient staff at our hotel, we cycled to Port Alcudia to catch our ferry.  We purchased a few final gifts to take home and some lunch items for the boat.  The check in was easy and we rolled on to our Balearia ship at 12:30pm for our 1pm departure.  It was a perfect day for a crossing, sunny skies and not much wind.  We went out on deck to admire the beach and turquoise water of Alcudia Bay, one last time.  Cape Formentor was our very last sight of this jewel island and it was as impressive as ever.  Low clouds were swirling around the summits of some of the mountains.  We were not able to cycle to the lighthouse on Cape Formentor because several km were closed for road repairs. It was still elusive off in the distance.  Let’s hope we get closer to it next time.  That’s reason enough to come back!  Till next time, Mallorca!

Endless beach with countless people. Lots of families on a Sunday.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Modelling our matching old person tourist hats
Heart 6 Comment 2
Jane KyleWhat a great way to spend your last day! I’ve enjoyed following along!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
ann and steve maher-wearyThanks Jane! Hope you get some great rides in, in BC or further afield.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
Steaming out of Alcudia. We were near one of those beaches. Funny how indistinguishable they are from any distance.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Cap Formentor, the lighthouse we didn't quite make it out to see.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Today's ride: 16 km (10 miles)
Total: 2,209 km (1,372 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0