Qionghai - 海口→海口 Around the Island - CycleBlaze

February 3, 2006

Qionghai

         Once we get dropped off in Qionghai we have a pretty long wait before the rest of the group arrives. That is both the advantage and disadvantage of getting delivered by car. You get there first but then you have to wait while all the people on bikes get there. You have a nice comfy bed to lie down on but you haven't been cycling and aren't tired.

         I shower and change into civvies.

         At the New Year's ride to Nanli Lake I felt awkward because I was the only person still wearing stinky bike clothing to dinner. Once the group arrives and we head off to dinner I feel conspicuous and awkward as one of the only people not wearing stinky bike clothing to dinner.

         Ah Qiao, Brian Lao, Chunlei, myself, and the two teenage boys go for foot massage followed by a late night munchies trip to KFC (only it was closed and we had to go to a different place) before heading back to the hotel and collapsing.

         The hotel is a really swank place with an elevator and plumbing that works even. Although they have a posted room rate of 288rmb, Ah Jian knows someone and we are getting our rooms at 50rmb/night. Still putting three and four people to a room though...

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0