Who and What is This All About? - Grampies Hawaiian Escape Winter 2016 (with brief 2019 update) - CycleBlaze

January 2, 2015

Who and What is This All About?

All too often, when we look at blogs in the "Journals" list here on the Cycleblaze web site, we have trouble following the tour story because we don't know who the people doing the tour are and where they are coming from. We really literally may not know where in the world they are coming from when they write "So we got on the plane and ...". And we may not know where they are coming from in terms of how old they are, what they have done and where they have been before (both in life and on their bikes), what they are trying to get out of the tour, and what impediments or advantages they may have on board.

When we run into situations like that with a blog, we will quickly go look for the writer's Profile, which can be reached by clicking the blue/purple link to their name at the top of each blog page. Sometimes the written profile puts us in the picture, sometimes not.  At the top of the Profile page is the list of previous blogs. The number of blogs (or lack of them) and the titles, may answer a lot of questions. Sometimes the past blogs answer too many questions. That is because if people have 20, 30, 40 or more blogs, then we get the feeling that it will be an impossible reading chore to catch up with where they are at now.

This is all very important, we think, because a blog like any story needs character development, a plot, and a chance to see how the characters make out as they progress through the thing.

With all this much in mind we turned to our own Profile, and tried to update it a bit. There are thirteen journals or articles listed at the bottom, spanning five years. But maybe the written Profile now gives a reasonable idea of who we are and where we are coming from. You might want to go have a look at that. You could do that by clicking on the blue bit coming up. Just note that this will open a new tab for your browser, so you will have to click back onto this tab to go on reading the blog. Here is the blue bit.

So that's who we are. Now about Hawaii. Why are we heading there and what do we expect to see and do? Read on and see.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Mike AylingG'day Steve,

"Here is the blue bit" take us to the CrazyGuy site with a 404 message! Need to update /delete the link.

Mike
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesThanks Mike! Dead links will always be a problem with older blogs. That applies to Youtube and other links, but significantly to Crazyguy links into our own blogs. I fixed this page - not only the blue but also the Crazyguy reference in the text, and the fact that in Cycleblaze profiles the blog list comes before and not after the profile wording. One other thing - our Profile itself becomes out of date day by day. It will be a fun project to go update it!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago