The Audi Museum in Ingolstadt - Wandering around North Germany - CycleBlaze

September 29, 2018

The Audi Museum in Ingolstadt

Riding the trains

We were lucky as our hotel in Regensburg was just by the train station so that simplified things a lot.  Trains run every hour from Regensburg to Ingolstadt and when I went to get our tickets the woman told me that for 15E each we could get a day pass that would take us on any public transport in Bavaria this meaning we could just get on a bus at the Ingolstadt Hbf that would take us to the museum - in couldnt be easier.

Regensburg was alive this morning with men In Lederhosen and women in Dirndls, they were not catching our train, they were off to Munich to Oktoberfest, many of them were carrying beer because I think they thought they might run out of beer in Munich.  A lot of people I think just go there daily as the hotels in Munich at this time are extraordinarily expensive (as I well know) and it is a short train ride from here. They certainly made a colourful sight and the train to Munich was full to overflowing.

We felt very smart arriving in Ingolstadt as we knew to find the buses and get on the number 11.  Like real pros we did just that - after about 10 minutes Ken asked the driver which stop we should get off - his reply was that we had got on the bus going in the wrong direction so off the bus and onto one going back to the Hbf.

Audi when you get to it is absolutely enormous. It looks ultramodern and interestingly seems to be almost devoid of signage but there was an information centre so we did find the museum.  Ken was delighted by it and saw all the things he had wanted to see - there was excellent information in English and I enjoyed it too.  The restaurant was about as hard to find as the museum.

Back  to the station it was amazing to see 4 trains loaded with Audis. They were so long we couldnt see the end of them, I suppose that isn't surprising as the Ingolstadt factory makes over half a million cars a year and they have to get them to their markets somehow.  

Getting back to Regensburg we went to investigate the old town which we had failed to do yesterday because we were on a mission to find a bike shop.  

Some internet problems so the photos on the next posting

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0