Rethymno’s Fortress - North to the Balkans - CycleBlaze

May 7, 2018

Rethymno’s Fortress

Heart 3 Comment 0
Rachael is making real advances with her photography. We’re seeing more complete, aligned subjects, and better exposure.
Heart 3 Comment 0

So this is a post that you may either welcome or find irksome, depending on your tastes.  From time to time I’ll drop in a post with nothing to do with biking, just because.  Some will view it as interesting additional color, but to others it’s more of a photo dump.  If you don’t like it, turn the page. 

This is a photo album from our visit to the Fortezza, Rethymno’s fascinating fortress.  We visited the fortress on our first visit to Rethymno, and it’s one of the features that recall the best.  In particular, it’s the spot where I took one of my favorite photos of Rachael, overlooking the harbor.

The Fortezza is a great place to wander around, taking your time to explore every corner.  We were there for about two hours, alternately awed by it’s fabulous views of the surroundings, its buldings and its fortifications, and its overall ambience.  I won’t attempt to describe the site, but here is a good overview.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 2
Ron SuchanekI look forward to my own impending foot tan line. Very soon!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Scott AndersonFunny! I’ve never noticed that.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
The blue plant at the top, petromerula (Cretan rock lettuce) grows rampant here, sprouting from crevices on the seaward Walls.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 1
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0