Colorado Monument and Kris with COPMOBA - Reacquainting on the Continental Divide 2021 - CycleBlaze

July 14, 2021

Colorado Monument and Kris with COPMOBA

You meet the best people on bicycles

Beautiful day in Grand Junction, Colorado, with temperature in the low 80’s, and no rain at the moment. Drove out to Colorado National Monument and followed the 23 miles snaking mountain road through gorgeous scenery, arches, valleys, tunnels. Admires some hearty bicyclists on the shoulderless road through the twisty park. Beautiful area.

Exited the monument in the early afternoon and pulled into a new parking lot that had lots of cars with bicycle carriers. While looking at a map a truck parked next to me and I asked the driver if he could recommend some local trails for a tourist such as myself. The stranger turned out to be Kris Cox (and Scott Winans), Board Member of the Colorado Plateau Mountain Bike Trail Association, who invited me to join him and friends on a few loops around the Lunch Trail system. The loops are maintained by COPMOBA made from rocks, boulders and gravel and some of the finest challenges from beginner to expert. We looped and looped up and down for seven miles and I smiled all the way. Super ride with exceptional company truly made the day memorable.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltMale collared lizard. One of my favorite lizards!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_collared_lizard
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 7 miles (11 km)
Total: 665 miles (1,070 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0