Closing for now - Reacquainting on the Continental Divide 2021 - CycleBlaze

July 3, 2021

Closing for now

Below is the last entry I shared on our Facebook page at 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/greatdivideriders/?ref=share

Hi Friends. Most have heard the turn of events on our bicycle tour of the Continental Divide. Extremely thankful we're both healthy. Steve is home and I'm remaining West a little longer. There are lots of snaps shots below, and a long story on our blog at https://www.cycleblaze.com/journals/greatdivide2021teamalextribe/.

Today I'll visit the Taos Farmer's Market, go for a short spin around town, and take the big red bus down to Albuquerque to visit friends for the holiday. Likely head north into Colorado next week for camping and day rides, and then point the red bus back home to Michigan. Sort of signing off for our 2021 Continental Divide Tour. Thanks to you for the many inspirational and funny comments. Special thanks to Dany and Ira for helping Steve and myself along the tour. And the amazing people and the racers we met along the way. Splash Hiker, Ben W, Goldie the senior hippie, Chase the nutty courier, Gary the toasted happy driver, Sheila and Joe, Chandra the Med Tech bike girl, the nameless hiker guy from Scotland, the two girls in the Audi that stopped Steve in Abiquiu to ask about Bikepacking, the two girls in the Volvo that stopped Steve on the mountain to give him beer and cheese. And of course, thanks to Ironman Elkus.  

As the locals say, "Hasta and Good Shabbos!"

   :-)

One bike and equipment squeeze into the beast with just enough room to stretch out everyplace. Crazy big.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Big Red Bus, 2004
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Mike AylingWhat about a pic of the big red bus?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
David TushmanHi Mike,
It's a 2004 Yukon XL, which drives like a big red school bus. Brake rotors are not quit true, AC is wonky, compression is old, took three hours to scrub the prior owner's spilled food and drinks from the interior...but the price was great and it rolls. The adventure continues. :-)
Reply to this comment
2 years ago