We are off - Following Rivers and Pilgrim Trails from Zurich now Dawdling around France - CycleBlaze

July 28, 2016

We are off

Getting away wasn't completely straightforward . The dogs and cat were in the kennels and we were all packed up in good time but then the shuttle didn't come. Not surprising really as there is so much development going on around our place. I had given instructions but the driver ignored them and tried to use his GPS which failed completely of course. However he eventually found us and off we zoomed to the airport. When we got there the first thing that happened was we found our flight had been cancelled. A nightmare for the airline of course as here was an A380 load of passengers that somehow they had to try and get to Brisbane. They really were fantastic and as far as we were concerned we were very lucky and we got put onto a Quantus flight leaving an hour before our original flight. However it ended up being an hour late leaving. The plane was a tiny one of the sort used on domestic flights and with seats very close together, I was certainly glad I wasn't going any further.

Everything turned to gold at the airport as we went straight through customs without having to unpack bikes, it was easy to get a big enough van to be whisked off to the Wala's place and wonderful to see their smiling faces. The bike boxes had been smashed up a bit but Ken has been at work with the duct tape and they should last the distance.

Today has been a glorious sunny, warm Queensland day and we have been soaking up the sun, walking the dog and been out for a really delicious lunch.

The Wala's backyard reflects the climate
Heart 0 Comment 0
Chewey is a lovely dog
Heart 0 Comment 0
Doesn't this look good
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0