Touch down in Zurich - Following Rivers and Pilgrim Trails from Zurich now Dawdling around France - CycleBlaze

August 1, 2016

Touch down in Zurich

It's around 7 in the evening and we are feeling exhausted and ready for bed but probably with our jet lag will only sleep until about 3am.

Slept little on the 14 hour flight to Dubai and certainly were pleased to get out ot the plane there even if it was only briefly. There was a nice suprise there, we had been upgraded to business class. There was Moët all the way for those last 6 hours and the food was delicious and beautifully served with white linen table clothes. The thought of having to put the bikes together at the airport quelled any idea we had of indulging in the really good Bordeaux red.

Dubai Airport at 4am
Heart 0 Comment 0

It is relief when everything turns up and it appears that the bikes haven't been damaged. It was easy to find a quiet spot outside arrivals. It all went together reasonably easily. I had booked at the Radison Blu which is in the Airport. This had been extremely successful. It is an expensive place but well worth it. Without having to reorganise the luggage where we put the bikes together was great because I just carted all the baggage over to the room and we were able to make a horrendous mess as we organised the panniers.

It is all there
Heart 0 Comment 0

The hotel is next to the railway station so we have been over got ourselves tickets for tomorrow and sussed things out. A takeaway salad for our meal and we are well ready to go to bed.

One bike almost ready
Heart 0 Comment 0
It was a nice room till we trashed it
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0