Relocation to Roanne: A day of utter idleness - Following Rivers and Pilgrim Trails from Zurich now Dawdling around France - CycleBlaze

August 26, 2016

Relocation to Roanne: A day of utter idleness

Last evening we walked up into the town for dinner and had a most fortuitous meeting. Ken heard two people talking with an Aussie accent. They were an absolutely lovely couple from Canberra about to start on the pilgrim walk, their love of adventure reminded me of how we feel, I am sure they will have lots of exciting times ahead of them. They had two problems. One was the heat, but they had solved that and would leave at 6.30 and probably only walk half days. The other was that they hadnt been able to get a Mimi Dodo. This is an essential book for a pilgrim, it gives detailed information of all accommodation and services along the route. There was a solution, we had one, now that we were no longer going to be pilgrims we didn't need it. So back to our hotel and problem solved. Buon Camino Jo and Jude we look forward to hearing how you get on.

Late breakfast again then a long talk to Jane. Our train left at 10.30 and required one change at St Etienne. It was a small regional train with easy access for our bikes and of course a magical journey through the Loire Gorge which reaches almost the entire way to St Etienne, a change of trains then across the plain until we reached the hills that had us struggling out of Roanne nearly a week ago - it was easier in the train.

It felt like arriving home to be greeted back at the Ibis Styles by the lovely girl who had been in Wellington recently. Lunch at a snack bar across the road and then we settled into our air conditioned room to watch TV, doze and read. I wonder if I will still be able to ride a bike tomorrow

An easy way to travel
Heart 0 Comment 0
When we leave the farm Ken wants to buy a Morgan like this and we will travel around New Zealand in it
Heart 0 Comment 0
The sub machine toting army around stations - it must be very boring for them and hot in those heavy clothes
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0