Only two more sleeps - Following Rivers and Pilgrim Trails from Zurich now Dawdling around France - CycleBlaze

July 2, 2016

Only two more sleeps

Only two days until we take off and chaos is beginning to subside. We have had a rather challenging time but now our life has got back to the simplicity of cycle touring. Yes Ken has finished his marathon task of pruning the vines, the ewes have all lambed and the wine is racked and quietly sleeping in its barrels to await our return. The dogs and the cat are unaware that they are soon to be left behind and there is almost no food left in the cupboards. Ken is rather worried starvation might occur before we get on the plane on Thursday. He has a few packets of biscuits stored away just in case.

But. The bikes have been professionally packed into their boxes. The rest of the gear has miraculously been packed - it all seems as if it will pass the eagle eye of the weighing machine of the people at check out. I have been to the beautician and had a manicure and pedicure. The shuttle is booked. What is left for us to do? I think that tomorrow I will go into Auckland and have lunch with some of my friends at our favourite cafe.

On Thursday at 5pm we take off for Brisbane to spend the weekend with our daughter Jane and her lovely family. Then the new adventure begins. Peter, after my poor showing at the start of last year's trip, has given me plenty of advice "Drink lots of water. Take it really easily to start off with Mum. Stop if you really feel bad ........." It is amazing how roles change as you grow older!

The wine is racked and evaluated
Heart 0 Comment 0
We have found a home for this little orphan lamb
Heart 0 Comment 0
The dogs are ever hopeful at morning tea time when we are pruning
Heart 0 Comment 0
We burn the old canes to help get rid of over wintering nasties
Heart 0 Comment 0
The final result is a meticulously pruned vineyard.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0