Nevers: In the cat hotel - Following Rivers and Pilgrim Trails from Zurich now Dawdling around France - CycleBlaze

August 30, 2016

Nevers: In the cat hotel

Ken writes

I have to report however we have passed yet another screening test and our washing now clean is going around and around in the dryer. meal good and a good pen at the hotel. We didn't rush to get going for this was a short and easy day. It was quite cold so I left with my coat on. We were straight onto the excellent path beside the canal and followed it all day.

Only 2boats moving all day. We were interested to see that at several points water was being sucked out of the canal for irrigation. Maize seems to need it here. The farming today entered on beef some wheat and some maize no doubt for silage.

Lunch was by the canal - bread and goats cheese - excellent. Somehow we missed the farm we stayed in just before Nevers about 6 years ago. We had a great track to the bridge with a marvellous view of the cathedral. Then to the information - an hours wait to get into thos hotel at 3pm. I have walked along to the 11c St Etieene church and Tricia has been dealing with Emitates and has changed our flight home from Madrid to Brussels.

My bit
This hotel advertises that it is cat friendly and that you are welcome to bring your cat. Outside our window are a collection of well fed contented looking cats.

Yes he has caught one !
Heart 0 Comment 0
Old iron Bridges
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
A working Fergie
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The view of the cathedral as we approach Nevers
Heart 0 Comment 0
The interior of the cathedral
Heart 0 Comment 0
Children were playing while we waited for the hotel to open
Heart 0 Comment 0
The cat friendly hotel
Heart 0 Comment 0
There are some beautiful old buildings in Nevers
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 49 km (30 miles)
Total: 1,263 km (784 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0