A Queensland Weekend - Following Rivers and Pilgrim Trails from Zurich now Dawdling around France - CycleBlaze

July 30, 2016

A Queensland Weekend

The Wala's have the most amazingly active weekends it makes me tired to even follow them around. This weekend was the Brisbane Short Course Swimming Champs and Charlotte is a very keen and serious swimmer so we spent a lot of time at the pool. You can certainly see why Australia and Queensland in particular are so dominant in world swimming. The completion looked fierce and the coaches very serious. The highlight for us was the 400m Freestyle where Charlotte excelled herself by breaking her personal best by 10seconds - it was only the third time she had raced that distance and said she had learnt a lot from the previous times but it still seems a lot of time to take off.

The warmup pool at the Brisbane Aquatic Centre
Heart 0 Comment 0

No swimming on Saturday afternoon so that meant that she was able to play her netball game, it has all got a lot more skilful since they were little girls barely able to get the ball to the height of the hoop.

At netball
Heart 0 Comment 0

In the evening we caught the ferry to Southbank for an early meal at a Mexican restaurant. It was most amusing to see all the people, not only young, sitting around and wandering around blindly busy catching Pokemon. Matthew showed me how to do it and we even caught one under the restaurant table. I am wondering if I can catch one tomorrow at the top of the Swiss Alps! The meal was fantastic, a shared meal of beautifully fresh food. So lovely to be sitting outside in what is mid winter, such a change from the mid winter we have been enduring at home.

Pokemon Go at Southbank
Heart 0 Comment 0
It was such a fun and delicious meal
Heart 0 Comment 0

This morning it was back to the pool and now we are back home, packed up and waiting to go to the first half of Jacobs soccer game before we a whisked off to the airport for what will be a 24hour 40 minute flight to Zurich.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0