What? No Trucker? - The Adventures of The Girl Friday - CycleBlaze

December 13, 2009

What? No Trucker?

You may know me from such journals as the Pacific Coaster Roller, Karen's First Great Solo Adventure and the Post Coaster Meet and Greet? I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "not another yammer fest about Karen and the Trucker!" Well, don't worry. There is a new bike in town--the Girl Friday!

Oh, it's not that I don't like the Trucker anymore, heaven forbid(!), but I DO like to have options. And having the ability to ride trains, planes and automobiles easier and cheaper is enticing; it's what prompted me to buy the Bike Friday, AKA the Girl Friday.

This won't be the maiden voyage. I've already traveled twice with the Girl. Once to the Tour of Tucson and once to San Diego for the locally infamous San Diego Bike Club Thanksgiving "Turkey Ride." That meant 2 round trip flights where I paid zero dollars extra to fly the bike. WOO-HOOO!

But "The Adventures of The Girl Friday" will be the first fully loaded trip--the rookie tour. It will be a combination of touring/hopping on trains/stopping for the holidays to eat tons of food and get fat/and unloaded group rides with friends.

The actual riding starts in Santa Barbara and moves south. After some local riding in San Diego it will roll east...

It should be a hoot. Stay tuned for more details...

Karen (and the Girl Friday)

This picture was photo shop enhanced
Heart 1 Comment 0
Before the Turkey Ride, where ride organizer Ralph had his famous stuffed turkey.
(Get it, "Turkey" Ride! ...Stuffed Turkey! HA!)
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0