The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men - The French Connections - CycleBlaze

The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men

The plan is to arrive at CDG on September 6 in the early afternoon, assemble our bikes, and ride to nearby Arnouville to shack up for two nights in order to sleep off jet lag.

From there, you can follow the map. Versailles first, then off to explore Brittany, the Loire River Valley, the Rhône River, a bit of the Mediterranean coast, and finally the Midi and Garonne canals. At Bordeaux, we will take the TGV back to Paris to look for bike boxes, get our COVID tests, and all that fun end-of-tour stuff. The return flight is October 29.

Will we get bogged down by rain? (probably) Will we eat enough croissants to fuel our adventures? (yes) Will we be charmed so much by every chateau and medieval town that our progress slows to a crawl? (maybe) Will we complete the route in record time and be able to cycle back to Paris? (highly unlikely)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Keith KleinHi,
Excellent choice of route. COVID rates MAY go up in September with the return to school, but you should be fine. Do get the vaccine “ passport” before you leave. Have a great tour, and if you have questions either I or another of the “frenchies” on this site will be glad to help where we can.
Cheers,
Keith
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Kevin StevensThank you so much, Keith! I enjoyed reading your Brittany journal. We have just applied for the pass sanitaire. The advice regarding how to get it as a foreign tourist changes so quickly. I wouldn't too surprised if the procedure changes yet again before our departure. Hopefully we will have it all sorted soon. Fingers crossed!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago