Viseu - Livin' the Dream: France to Portugal 2021 - CycleBlaze

October 20, 2021

Viseu

After three big days of hills and lots of kms, we needed a day of rest and and to catch up on errands.

Viseu is the biggest town/city we have been in since arriving in Portugal.  We will include pictures of things we saw while doing laundry and buying some equipment in a town with real shops.  Ann needed bike gloves and a new battery for her phone, plus she squeezed in a visit to the hair dresser.  Sounds like she made out pretty well today on the spending spree.

After all the errands we found a great restaurant at 2pm.  The patio was still wet from the recent rain and the inside door was closed so we thought that the lunch service was probably finished, but we went in anyway.  Happily we weren't turned away.  It was a classy old-fashioned dining room with a molded high ceiling, wood panelling, an old man in a long white apron waiting on tables and hearty fare.  We shared the dining room with bureaucrats from city hall across the square, tables of one and two men, and one other couple.   We used our best sign language to communicate that we would have the daily lunch special too.  We started with huge bowls of vegetable soup followed by veal and a cuttlefish stew, each portion could have easily fed two, then cheese cake and fresh pineapple, plus wine, all for 8.50 Euros each!  We waddled home and decided that that was enough eating for the day.

Tomorrow is another 800 m climb so we want to start early.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Let's eat here.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0