Plage Carcans - Livin' the Dream: France to Portugal 2021 - CycleBlaze

September 22, 2021 to September 23, 2021

Plage Carcans

Plage Carcans

Another beautiful day of sunny skies, 25 degree temperatures and another superlative: This beach at Carcans has got to be one of the all time best.  We stayed for two full days here savouring the soft white sand, the wide beach at low tide, the rolling surf, the refreshing water and the luxurious coastal light.  We managed to fill the days walking up the beach one day and down it the next, doing yoga stretches and Kerry workouts on the sand, braving the water to play in the surf, sunbathing parts of our bodies that have not seen the sun in a long time, making vegetarian campsite meals, reading hundreds of pages of our books - and catching up on blog reports.

Our campsite conjures a mix of Goa with Hawaii, with the daylight filtering through the trees, the bright stars at night, the constant sound of surf in the background, the tanned, young, German surfers drying their wetsuits in preparation for tomorrow, and the Yanni look-alike playing soothing guitar tunes two sites over.  It has been rejuvenating to be surrounded by young people.  At most campgrounds on this trip, we have been the young, athletic cyclist campers compared to the old fogeys in their RVs, but here we could be the parents of most campers.  

The views were so spectacular that we took dozens  of photos and we hope that this selection conveys some of the beauty of Plage Carcans. 

Evening at Campsite
Heart 2 Comment 0
Same view in morning light
Heart 1 Comment 0
Sunset show
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 2
Kelly MaherOmg this beach looks amazing! One to revisit in the future!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
ann and steve maher-wearyTo Kelly MaherYes for sure. However today we saw another awesome beach in Contin and tonight another fab beach in Boucars! We are here two nights so should have beach pics tomorrow.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Reading on a quiet dune
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Margaret Anne CameronYou write so beautifully! Love the beach. Sounds like paradise!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
ann and steve maher-wearyTo Margaret Anne CameronHi Marg, the writing is a team effort!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago