Obernai to Strasbourg: Nice way to finish - France - CycleBlaze

June 2, 2018

Obernai to Strasbourg: Nice way to finish

We had lovely flat ride mostly following a canal into Strasbourg. We stopped for coffee along the way but waited for lunch in Strasbourg. Three of us retrieved our vehicles that will transport us including bikes to Beaune tomorrow. This part of the tour has come to a close. We had some lovely and not very strenuous rides through beautiful French countryside, vineyards and medieval towns. We were amazingly lucky with the weather. While it rained everyday it didn’t start until we finished riding or through the night. Twice we literally finished minutes ahead of the rain. We also had some very impressive thunderstorms. Everyone is safe and sound so now we move off to the Burgundy region for another week. Stay tuned.

Feeling better this morning I decided that I needed a photo with this guy who was in the lobby of our hotel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The central fountain in Obernai which like many are now large flower pots.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Colleen and Joan along the trail today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stopped to help a couple with a bike problem and while that was going on Colleen was feeding their son chocolate.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of many “natural art” exhits along the canal.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The boys are preening themselves while girls are sitting on the nests.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A heron stalking.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This nest had 3 chicks and clearly one of them is squawking about something, probably wanting food.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The gang as we arrived back in Strasbourg safe and sound. The catherdal spire is behind my left shoulder.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There so many beautiful flower decorations throughout every town and village. This one was on a bridge in Strasbourg.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 47 km (29 miles)
Total: 582 km (361 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0