Lunch ride - France - CycleBlaze

May 18, 2018

Lunch ride

After H&C picked up their bikes in Barr and rode back to Andlau to pick up the rest of us and we all rode off together. We just followed the roads southward through numerous villages. After about 15km we turned east to some flatter gorund before turning back to Itterswiller where we had lunch. After lunch we completed the route back to Andlau. The weather was lovely today so once back in Andlau Carol and I hiked up to the local castle (a ruin). In the end we did a lovely 7.3km hike through the vineyards and forest.

The gang minus me starting out from Andlau this morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A statue of a monk with a wine barrel on his back guarding the vineyards.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ron on the road with vineyards on either side a church steeple in the distance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Entering the village of Dambach-la-Ville, note the stork nest with a live stork on the top of the tower.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Stork in the field.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Christopher on the flat part of the ride with the Vosges mountain in the distance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
R&C on the bike path through the farmers fields with a village in the distance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hilary passing the Alsace wine route sign.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Now this is a wine keg.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A panorama of Andlau valley.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Carol peeking out of the Haut Andlau castle.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Carol in the vineyards as we return to our flats.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The grapes are still in their infancy for this season.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The sign leading into our town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At the castle after walking up to 470m (1550ft) over an hour.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Passing through the gates in Dambach-la-Ville.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 40 km (25 miles)
Total: 60 km (37 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0