Loop of Andlau: 🚵‍♀️ - France - CycleBlaze

May 22, 2018

Loop of Andlau: 🚵‍♀️

A beautiful morning in the Alsace so an early trip to the boulangerie for pain au chocolat followed by a loop ride up into the hills and back. On my walk to the bakery the birds were signing, the river was babbling away and the church bells were ringing all in the sunshine. I am thankful my hearing is still very good and that is as poetic as I get. As for the ride it was 47/km (27mi) with 840m (2753ft) of climbing. The main climb was 15km on climbing averaging 6% with a few punchy sections of double digits. It was a beautiful sunny, calm day for a lovely ride in the Vosges. We stopped along the way to walk up to a beautiful waterfall and decided that we would come back by car with better shoes so we can explore more and even have a picnic lunch. There was the requisite coffee stop before a little more climbing and decent into Andlau. For a relatively short ride it had lots to offer.

On my to the bakery this morning at 7AM the Andlau river, a lovely timbered house and the church steeple.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The route and profile in miles and feet for my American friends.
Heart 0 Comment 0
As we headed out of town up into the hills.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A brief stop as we entered the village of Hofwald (high forest).
Heart 0 Comment 0
The waterfall at the source of the Andlau river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
H&C at the waterfall.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cycling up high with the valley in the background.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Col du Kreuzweg at 768m (2534ft).
Heart 0 Comment 0
The girls at the top.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A panorama of the valley on the way down.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view of the valley.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ron cruising down the hill. He was a happy guy now after the climbing.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The route in metric.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stopped for coffee in the shadow of this lovely church.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Chain ring tattoo on my leg, rookie mistake.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me sitting by the waterfall.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 47 km (29 miles)
Total: 173 km (107 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0