Colmar to Guebwiller: Food, food, food, oh and wine - France - CycleBlaze

May 29, 2018

Colmar to Guebwiller: Food, food, food, oh and wine

We knew today was going to be a short easy day so we set off about 10AM after visiting the covered market in Colmar for some wine, cheese, ham, pâté, fruit and bread. We decide to have a picnic enroute rather than stop at a restaurant. We did however stop for coffee. It was indeed a very leisurely ride but as of tomorrow we head into hillier country in the heart of the wine route. The days will still be short but more interesting. Carol discovered that our hotel restaurant had a young Michelin trained chef so we decided to stay here for dinner that turned out to be a very good idea.
The big news today was that Howard and Merrilynne left the tour to go home to deal with a flood in their condo. We were sorry to see them go but they felt the need to go home and sort things out, we all support their decision. Best wishes to them. Word for the day au revoir (goodbye) to our friends.

We bought one of these amazing heirloom tomatoes for lunch.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Colleen and Joan buying pâté and cheese.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Pretzels or bretzels as the Alsacien’s call them.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The girls on the trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kim bouaght some freshly picked strawberries that we enjoyed at coffee.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kim’s new bike.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our picnic lunch complete with Pinot Noir.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Coming into Guebwiller we past these vey steep vineyards that have to be picked by hand.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beer at the end of the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ready for the picnic, bread on my trunk and wine in my in my bottle cage.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Carpaccio salad.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Foie gras salad
Heart 0 Comment 0
My steak dinner wth tomatoes stuffed with goat cheese, mash potatoes, bread with green and black olive tampenade.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Crème caramel with sorbet on top.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The sea bass dinner.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The chocolate and cherrymound dessert with cherry sorbet.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 38 km (24 miles)
Total: 477 km (296 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0