Albi to Saint-Afrique: Rain💦💦💦 - France - CycleBlaze

June 11, 2018

Albi to Saint-Afrique: Rain💦💦💦

My luck with the weather finally turned for the worse. We started in the rain which continued for the entire 93km. We did not have any wind or thunderstorms but the rain varied from a light mist to a downpour all day. Of course once we were off our bikes the sun came out. Luckily there was a hose available to clean the bikes because they were all pretty dirty as were we. We rode the Tarn river valley for most of the day until we had to climb up and out to another valley. The route was mostly a gradual uphill climb punctuated by the occasional steeper bit for a total of 2400ft. The road was good, the traffic light and generally a pastural landscape. We are in Saint-Afrique tonight in a hotel that reminds me of army barracks. Nonetheless the beer was cold and the shower hot.

A panorama of Albi with the Tarn river and the bridges. We left town on the one on the left side if the photo.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Not a glamorous photo but you can see the volume of water and the dirty colour of the river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stopped for coffee/tea at this river crossing.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bridge we crossed with a church on the hill above.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We followed this route for most of the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
More of the Tarn river and a village across the way.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Encore/again.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0