Valparaiso: Bringing a bit of colour into our lives. - The fourth step ... Patagonia etc - CycleBlaze

April 8, 2018

Valparaiso: Bringing a bit of colour into our lives.

An easy ride down to Valparaiso along the seaside.

We first looked for digs near the park Plazo del Pueblo Salvadore Allende but the area looked pretty rough. So we headed for the hillside towards the western side of town where there were a lot of options in a touristy area. We settled on the Hostal Cerro Allegre mainly because access was easy. We had had to walk the bikes up the cobbled stone street and I didn't feel like carrying them up stairs or anything else too strenuous.

After settling in we headed a few meters down the road for a burger and beer (for me) and mojito (for Leigh) where we could watch the tourists struggle up and down the hill looking at the street art.

A green Weisbier ? Apparantly they struggled to get the green dye out of the tanks after doing the St Paddy's Day brews.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Then we went around to the Municipal Fine Arts Museum. Nothing worth looking at that we could see but the building itself is magnificent and some of the historical paintings of Valparaiso provide some perspective on the development of the city.

A bit of Valparaiso colour.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Street Art.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Street Art.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Along with the Perito Morino glacier and some of the wine estates near Mendoza, this is one of the few times we have been amongst tourists, as opposed to travellers and locals.

Today's ride: 26 km (16 miles)
Total: 2,833 km (1,759 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0