La Junta: Mind blowing views - the reason we came to Patagonia - The fourth step ... Patagonia etc - CycleBlaze

January 10, 2018

La Junta: Mind blowing views - the reason we came to Patagonia

We shared the campsite at El Sauce with an large extended family of Chileans. While having our supper of tuna pasta we could only but watch as they scoffed enormous portions of asado mutton - a lamb split in half and cooked on an open fire. After supper we snuck off for a skinny dip in one of the private pools of the hot spring. We were both exhausted because of the curtailed sleep on the ferry so the soak relaxed us and we slept until eight o'clock this morning. After that we started off slowly down the track back to the main road. Somehow it seemed less tortuous than yesterday but the main road seemed rougher and a lot busier. The passing cars kicked up a lot of dust and many of them were traveling like the hammers of hell but the views we were treated to made all of that insignificant.

The hotsprings
Heart 0 Comment 0
The turnoff to El Sauce
Heart 1 Comment 0
View on the road to La Junta
Heart 1 Comment 0
View on the road to La Junta
Heart 1 Comment 0
View on the road to La Junta
Heart 1 Comment 0

On our arrival in La Junta we soon found a campsite and set off to fill up with a plate of chips and sausage. Then it was back to the campsite where, on connection to the internet, we got news of a work problem that needed urgent attention. So this afternoon was spent addressing that and we will probably spend another night here just to make sure all is OK.

Today's ride: 21 km (13 miles)
Total: 300 km (186 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0