Coyhaique: Rest day etc - The fourth step ... Patagonia etc - CycleBlaze

January 20, 2018

Coyhaique: Rest day etc

We had planned a rest day in Coyhaique so that we could stock up on groceries, get our laundry done, plan for the next few days and finish the work that needs to be done. A good cup of coffee was first order of the day (I had bought some Yergacheffe yesterday afternoon to replace the truly bad Chilean coffee I had been using for the previous three days) followed by the laundry. While all of of this was happening we discovered that a young fellow camping near us is a South African from Grahamstown. He attended the same school as my son and his older brother would probably have been in Luc's class. He is hitchhiking northwards from Ponto Arenas and he had some good information to pass on to us.

Benjamin Davies, the young South African who camped near us.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After that we were hard at work until about two pm when we went into town to pick up food for dinner (including another bottle of wine now that we have a corkscrew) and some plastic containers to help organize the food in the rackpack. All in all, a productive day and we end it feeling a lot better than after yesterday's unpleasant ride.

The end of a productive day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0