Concon: Down to the seaside - The fourth step ... Patagonia etc - CycleBlaze

March 31, 2018

Concon: Down to the seaside

It was freezing cold when we woke up this morning. Not what we were expecting. The plan was to ride the short distance down to Limache and spend a few nights in a well-recommended campsite there. With the weather they way it was we weren't sure that it would be that pleasant so we decided to delay our decision until we got to the point where the road split off to either Limache or the coast.

The traffic out of La Calera was pretty hectic but, apart from the first few kilometers, we had a reasonable shoulder to shield us from the buses. We were really struggling with the cold and stopped to put on some extra layers. By the time we got to the split in the road there had been no improvement in the weather so we decided to head down to the coast.

Concon seems a slightly bipolar town. The entrance from the wets is dominated by smelly industry, including gas works, but the town on the seaside is a clearly a bust holiday destination during the summer season. Still, it had a nice feel to it so we decided to find somewhere to stay. After trying a nice hostel on the hill but giving it the thumbs down because it had no kitchen, we ended up at Casa Motiva right on the seaside. We're going to be here for the next four days, just chilling and working and hopefully Leigh's bug will eventually give her a break.

Today's ride: 47 km (29 miles)
Total: 2,772 km (1,721 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0