Lander to Crowheart - North from FoCo in NoCo - CycleBlaze

June 24, 2012

Lander to Crowheart

I left Paul and Kathleen's early, had a large breakfast at a restaurant, and was on the road by 7:30. Between Lander and Fort Washakie, the road seems more rural and less desolate. I stopped at a rest stop with shelter and water for an hour and a half, trying to burn some time since there was reportedly no shade in Crowheart near the camping by the fire station. It backfired in that the wind kicked up and the 10 miles to Crowheart were a struggle.

At the general store, I asked about camping. The woman there said the camp at the fire station was a church group there for a longer stay, and that camping was at the church. After a cold drink, I went to the church and there was a service in process. I waited it out and talked with the ladies, who set me up to stay inside and made the kitchen and bathroom available. No shower, but a sink for a good wash-up. Sweet. It turns out that the afternoon service occurs only the 4th Sunday of each month, and is an outreach program from the Episcopal Church in Dubois. I beat the odds by finding someone at the church, and was especially lucky to have access to the facilities in the basement!

Stats:
dist 46.54
odo 6172.7
Max 33.7
Av 8.5


Wyoming Pastoral
Heart 0 Comment 0
In case you blinked while passing through town....
Heart 0 Comment 0
It's Wyoming, there must be horses.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The story of Crowheart
Heart 0 Comment 0
Crowheart Community Church. The door is always open.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Crowheart Church at Dusk
Heart 0 Comment 0
Crowheart
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 47 miles (76 km)
Total: 309 miles (497 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0