The Misty Island - Grampies Go to Florida Spring 2015 - CycleBlaze

February 1, 2015

The Misty Island

Just as threatened yesterday, here are our misty photos taken on leaving or green and misty island. They are accompanied by our usual sentiments about why are we leaving such a pleasant place. Of course, this time the anwer is quite obvious - in Florida we will be able to cycle as if it were summer, and here we have just been hiding by the woodstove for weeks!

Our standard misty island shot
Heart 0 Comment 0
At the Swartz Bay ferry terminal
Heart 0 Comment 0

We have a little more mixed feelings about leaving Canada, or perhaps rather - entering the USA. The Seattle area, in particular is the land of extreme traffic jams, and mega box store malls. We moved to get into the swing of things, though, by stopping at the giant Cabela's outdoor store along the way. This is where you have to check your gun at the door, and where much of the product is dressed up in camoflage designs. I tried out a pink "pistol grip" mug to get the ball rolling, and you really don't want to read what other weird stuff we looked at.

Getting into the swing of it at Cabella's. This is what is meant by a "pistol grip". You can also see stars, or something else strange, coming out of my brain!
Heart 0 Comment 0

One item, though, seemed ideal as a gift for the cyclist in the family:

Ideal cyclist's gift?
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once in Seattle, we got caught up in Superbowl fever. Just as last year in Germany with the World Cup, it is hard to avoid catching the general enthusiasm from the people around. The game, of course, was gut wrenching. We will be rehashing that decision to run a passing play from the two yard line for days!

Quarterback Russell Wilson. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0