Remagen - Munich: traveling by train - A Flanders Fling - CycleBlaze

June 19, 2017

Remagen - Munich: traveling by train

There's not much more to tell, and not many more pictures.

The time we spent in Remagen was uneventful. We managed to get tickets for Monday, but had to change trains twice and all three trains were delayed causing us to miss our connections! What a trip. Cycling is better.

At home I had fun playing with different effects in processing some of the shots for my last post.While we were in Remagen we took some time to smell the flowers. This lavender was on our street and had a heavenly fragrance.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Added a bit of grunge to the photo taken in our room at the B&B - it wasn't really grungy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
In front of Remagen's train stationWhen we succeeded in getting tickets for ourselves and the bikes back to Munich we celebrated - with water.
Heart 0 Comment 0

It was the beginning of a heat wave with temperatures around 32°C/90°F and we were actually glad not to be out on the road. We knew if we really wanted to continue our trip along the Rhine, we could always come back when the time was right.

Waiting for the train - it was hot!
Heart 0 Comment 0
On our way home in sepia
Heart 1 Comment 0

After our initial disappointment, we realized we had had four wonderful weeks of touring! And yes, it was good to be back home.

Made it back to Munich
Heart 4 Comment 0

To my readers, many many thanks for following my journal. It was important to me to start journaling our bicycle tours again and I got the encouragement I needed here. Happy pedaling to all!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0