10. Anacortes to Rasar State Park: So Far, So Good! - From the Olympic Peninsula to St. Mary - The First Bite of the Northern Tier - CycleBlaze

May 21, 2018

10. Anacortes to Rasar State Park: So Far, So Good!

We had breakfast with Jackie's niece at the Calico Cafe in Anacortes where we stuffed ourselves with pancakes and Greek scrambled eggs. (Recommend that, too).

Winding our way out of the coastal urban environment into more rural Washington took some time but overall was pleasant. We passed by the famous town of Concrete, then stopped in Sedro Woolley for some provisions. The Woolley Market is a funky all purpose mercantile with fun young people manning the store. We bought sandwiches to take along for dinner.

The Cascade Trail was packed gravel but it got us off the busy WA 20. The last few miles of back road into Rasar Park were a treat as we rode into the cooling air and declining sun of late afternoon refreshed by the smell of the Skagit River running right next to us. And all of the dogs along the way were behind fences. Yay!

The park was immaculate - paved roads, new shower and toilet facilities, friendly park ranger and camp host.

The beautiful Skagit River somewhere on the trail before Rasar State Park.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 43 miles (69 km)
Total: 262 miles (422 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0