Si Sachanalai Historical Park - The first step ... South East Asia - CycleBlaze

March 22, 2016

Si Sachanalai Historical Park

Breakfast of coffee and toast with jam and then onto Si Sachanalai Historical Park, which we reached by 7:00am. There was no-one in attendance at the gates or ticket office but an official passing by on a motorcycle said we should go in, which we did.

We had a lovely time with the site to ourselves. Si Sachanalai does not need to stand back for Sukuthai at all and so to all those folks who said it's not in the same league, a big THANK YOU for making it possible for us to avoid the crowds of tourists.

Wat Chang Lom
Heart 0 Comment 0

Some nice birding with three different Drongo species (Ashy, Crow-billed and Greater Racket-tailed) hanging around together. One lifer in Striated Barbet. Otherwise the standard common birds.

At about 9:30am we went back to the tourist office, which was now open, and paid our fees. We also had a nice second breakfast of egg fried rice.

We returned home via Wat Phra Si Ratana Mahathat, the most important of the temples which lies outside the old city walls. There was a festival on the go, so it was "dressed up" and we could hardly get near it.

Wat Phra Si Ratana Mahathat all dressed up.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 26 km (16 miles)
Total: 541 km (336 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0