Quang Ngai to Su Huynh - The first step ... South East Asia - CycleBlaze

May 15, 2016

Quang Ngai to Su Huynh

Today we set as our objective the crossing of the the bridge described by Jeff and Roselind Tonner (and others).

Because breakfast was included at our hotel, we only got away at about seven o'clock but it was worth the delay.

Breakfast
Heart 0 Comment 0

The route down the peninsula on the village roads was lovely. I can't recall having to respond to as many shouts of "Hello !" as we had to today. Every time we would stop folk would up to us and jabber away in Vietnamese and look at our bicycles (the standard practice of older women seems to be to check the tyre pressures).

The town of Sa Huynh is a real dive. I recall reading in an older journal on CGOAB that Sa Huynh had been their worst place in Vietnam. I can understand why. We were heading for the Sa Huynh Beach Resort where we got a room for 600K VND, the same as Jeff and Roselind Tonner in January this year, except that they managed to get breakfast thrown in. Obviously my negotiation skills need to be worked on.

We headed down to the beach for a quick swim, and a lovely beach it is, nestled between two headlands. Of course it was deserted and it was lovely to have it to ourselves.

Today's ride: 73 km (45 miles)
Total: 2,851 km (1,770 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0