Lang Co Beach to Hoi An - The first step ... South East Asia - CycleBlaze

May 10, 2016

Lang Co Beach to Hoi An

We set off from Lang Co Beach Resort at 5:45, stopped to grabbed some baguettes, Cokes and Revives (a 7Up "isotonic" drink) and by 6:15 we were heading up Hai Van Pass.

Setting off up Hai Van Pass.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The skies were clear, the views were magnificent and the encouragement from the passing motorcyclists made the climb an absolute pleasure. We had a number of stops to chow the baguettes, drink the Cokes and Revives and take photos and videos so it was 7:45 before we reached the top.

Looking back towards Lang Co Beach.
Heart 0 Comment 0

While quite long, at no point is the pass particularly steep.

After reaching Danang we had to contend with a headwind for a lot of the way to Hoi An but we stopped often for food and drinks. First on Danang's beachfront where we had a really refreshing guava juice drink. Then a Black Forest cake for Leigh and a Cuon Tith (meatroll) with Jambon for myself. We also had a couple of cooldrink stops.

We had a few hotels lined up in Hoi An but the first one we looked at, the Dai Long, looked closed for renovation so being lazy we took a place just across the road, Phuc Bao. It's a family affair with a motor cycle and bicycle rental business (and repair) plus a restaurant two houses down.

Lunch was entertaining because the 18 month old son of the lady at the guesthouse managed to cadge half my Pho Bo for himself.

Losing my lunch to a little boy.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 70 km (43 miles)
Total: 2,539 km (1,577 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0