Kaeng Krachan to Petchaburi - The first step ... South East Asia - CycleBlaze

March 15, 2016

Kaeng Krachan to Petchaburi

After an easy day yesterday and a good nights sleep, we hit the road back to Petchaburi at about 6:45, a bit later than intended.

The stay at Samarn Bird Camp was very comfortable, even though it was just a tent on the lawn - everything provided by Samarn's wife, Oi (well, that's what we called her and I think it's a reasonable approximation of her name). The more permanent accomodation was all in use by three other parties of birders. Samarn and Oi were very helpful and friendly and made our stay very pleasant. Breakfast was a bit slow because a party of Japanese birders needed to be sorted out first, so the sun was already rising by the time we left.

We noticed this large statue on the way up two days before.

A statue of a revered monk a few kays from Kaeng Krachan
Heart 0 Comment 0

No wrong turns today and we made the turn northwards onto the 4024 in good time for a second breakfast.

Second breakfast - noodle soup with mystery meat balls, a bit of offal and some fatty beef. Not the best but I'm sure we will get a lot worse and a lot better along the way.
Heart 0 Comment 0

By 11:30 we were back at JJ Home in Petchaburi sitting down to a large Beer Chang for me and a Cornetto and Coke for Leigh.

Today's ride: 71 km (44 miles)
Total: 288 km (179 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0