Hue - Tourist stuff and bicycle maintenance - The first step ... South East Asia - CycleBlaze

May 8, 2016

Hue - Tourist stuff and bicycle maintenance

We started off the day with a visit to the old citidal and the forbidden purple city. A bargain at 150K VND = it's a full days worth.

Entrance to the Hue Citadel
Heart 0 Comment 0

Then it was onto to the Thiên Mụ Pagoda.

Thiên Mụ Pagoda
Heart 0 Comment 0

This afternoon was spent working after which we visited the tomb of emperor Tu Duc - we could have spent an extra two hours there.

Gatehouse to Tu Duc's Tomb
Heart 0 Comment 0

We can't help feeling we are rushing through Hue and that it might have been better to have an extra day here.

We also had to get a bit of bicycle maintenance done. Leigh's bike's back brake pads had worn down to the metal and I had swopped them with the front pads while in Pakse. Hue was the first place I could get new pads and at the same time buy a new pair of fingerless gloves (my old pair was over three years old and were falling apart). The bike shop we used was just a few kilomters down the road from our hotel, a street back from Lei Loi Street that our hotel was on. It is called K'store Anh Khoa and I was very impressed with the young owner and his staff.

On the way to the tomb Leigh found that if she shifted down to her 34 tooth cog, the chain skipped right past it, so on the way back from the tomb we stopped in at the bike shop to have the limiter adjusted.

We have only spent two days in Vietnam, and in a tourist area at that, but have already fallen in love with it.

Today's ride: 36 km (22 miles)
Total: 2,399 km (1,490 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0