Ben Cat to Tay Ninh - The first step ... South East Asia - CycleBlaze

May 30, 2016

Ben Cat to Tay Ninh

We set off from Ben Cat at about a quarter to six after posing for a photograph with the man from hotel. Once again we have been overwhelmed by how friendly and helpful the Vietnamese can be.

The friendly hotelier
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride started, once again, with a banh mi and ended with a plate of rice and something. The bahn mi came from a stall in Ben Cat, the rice etc from one of the very handy long distance bus oriented restaurants one finds on the main roads.

Banh mi's hanging from the handle bars
Heart 0 Comment 0

Apart from villages, rice paddies, fields of tapioca and groves of rubber trees, the route was quite featureless. Nonetheless, the ride was very enjoyable with the weather still being quite cool (around 30 degrees) and mostly dry. As we got into Tay Ninh, the heavens opened and we took refuge in a shop, the owner of which insisted that we sit down and make ourselves comfortable while we waited for the rain to abate.

We're staying at the Hoa Binh Hotel. Not worth writing home about but somewhere comfortable to rest up before tomorrow's longer ride - 120 kilometers to Kampong Cham in Cambodia.

Today's ride: 78 km (48 miles)
Total: 3,606 km (2,239 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0