Final Thoughts - Searching for Fidel (Tour 9) - 2009 🇨🇺 - CycleBlaze

January 15, 2009

Final Thoughts

Third time to the same resort and nice each time to get to know and see the people we have met. New friends met who I expect we will see again, either at home in Cochrane, in Winnipeg, at their home once they are back in New Zealand, or elsewhere in the world.

Cubans still have very little and need everything.

Cycling in Cuba is great, but I would want to make sure that the bikes are always guarded or they could very easily belong to someone else.

If possible, prepare Google maps and your own map to help in navigating unmarked roads.

When traveling in Cuba, don't worry too much. Where in Canada we have rules to regulate rules and often can't do this, that or something else because 'the rules say', in Cuba they always seem to want to accommodate and please you. This was the case everywhere in carting our bike boxes around. Cubans always found a way to meet our needs.

Cuban home-cooking is to die for! Full of flavour and prepared with love and care.

Bringing medicine, especially for kids, was really rewarding. There is a huge need and like all of us, Cubans treasure their wee ones.

Breezes Jibacoa was a bit different. More non-Canadians, including a few Americans, and much younger. The staff are still amazing, other than the money exchanging problem that seems to have been fixed.

I still need to bicycle to Vinales and want to do it before changes come to Cuba. Another trip might be soon to some!

B

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0