Krusa: A day to figure out our route and find some maps! - Exploring Holland, Germany and Denmark on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 31, 2013

Krusa: A day to figure out our route and find some maps!

We awoke to windy weather with a threat of rain, yet so happy to be in Denmark.

It has been frustrating that we have been unable to find good cycling maps and resources in English prior to getting here. We have an idea of what we want to do in Denmark, but we want to make the most of our time here. So rather than blindly setting off, we are going to stay here a second night and find a book store or Tourist Office. Besides, we both agree that this is probably one of the nicest campgrounds thus far, in terms of space, natural environment and amenities - so it is easy to want to stay.

Our first Danish hot dog - complete with onions, dry roasted onions, pickles, and a list of other condiments - really tasty. The bright pink skin of the wiener looks a bit odd to us, but don't be put off - it is delicious.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The wind was so fierce today that we had to park our bike in the protection of this sign.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Working on the bike at camp in Krusa
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The kitchen at our campground - we really love the amenities at Danish campgrounds.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Mary Ellen is working on the journal while Barry takes advantage of the camp kitchen to make dinner.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Charmaine RuppoltI love that the campgrounds in Denmark have a camp kitchen for people to use!
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Barry BartlettTo Charmaine RuppoltHi Charmaine,
We found that the campgrounds in Denmark were of a very high standard.
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
The picnic table shelter at the campground. We appreciate having shelter as it is raining quite heavily.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The bathroom and kitchen block at the Krusa campground.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Krusa is a small town of about 1000 people, yet it has a sensational Tourist Info office. We had headed out on our bike this morning expecting to have to ride to a bigger city to find a book store and maps - but the Tourist Office had everything we needed. Danish Tourist Offices cover the whole country and they sell extraordinary maps in English. Often the map (which clearly states bike routes, camping, attractions, etc.) comes with a book that is a guide (in English!) for the area. We are so pleased to have good maps - here we are at Krusa heading east on national bike route #8.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Charmaine RuppoltThis is good to know that the Tourist Office has cycling maps that are so helpful! I hope to do some more biking in Denmark, and will make it a point to go to the Tourist Office!
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Barry BartlettDenmark is such a great cycling country. Even though we use digital maps with our navigation devices, we still love having a paper map.
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Our trip so far - the stickers from last year's trip cover the back fender - this year we are covering the front fender.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Denmark
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0