Eck en Wiel to Renkum: ...more Nature Kamping! - Exploring Holland, Germany and Denmark on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

July 14, 2013

Eck en Wiel to Renkum: ...more Nature Kamping!

We had a great sleep and are planning to head on to the Arnhem area to visit the De Hoge National Park and the Kroller-Muller Museum.

We met a couple from Australia, Tim and Melissa, who are cycle touring around Holland, etc with their 11 year old daughter before moving back to Melbourne after having lived in Hong Kong. We hope they do well - the father is hauling all of their gear (80 pounds) in a Burley trailer. He is understandably concerned about leaving Holland as he is worried that he won't be able to climb any hills with the load, let alone safely coming down. We are tempted to stay another nigth, but we feel that we should move on. We are keen to get some internet as we haven't been able to access it at all - plus we are excited to explore the De Hoge Veluwe Part and see the esteemed collection of Van Gogh at the Kroller-Muller museum.

Holland has been kind to us - this is the first gate that has defeated us...but with some manouvering we made it through.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Fietspad - cycle path that is often more primitive and in a natural setting. Grrrr to the gates, though.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A stork in its nest - an impressive sight. Last year, we passed through Europe much later and didn't get to see birds in their nests.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The stork is about to feed her young in the nest.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Camping at Renkum Nature Camp - we really love our new tent. The extra room in the vestibule gives us room to lounge and store our gear...plus the sleeping section feels so roomy, especially for 6'2" Barry!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 32 km (20 miles)
Total: 154 km (96 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0