A day on the Reitz farm - Exploring Holland, Germany and Denmark on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 6, 2013

A day on the Reitz farm

Justus has a passion for tractors and rebuilt this classic German Eicher tractor from the 50's. He is licensed to drive it on the road and he gave us a tour of the village and surrounding area.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Four very lucky sheep live on the Reitz farm. They are "meat" sheep but their lives will be lived out in comfort here.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Touring the village by tractor...the best view in town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
...and the tour continues into the country.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fresh eggs for breakfast and a built in alarm clock for the family.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Clara and Justus are trying to encourage the sheep to come and visit these strange Canadian visitors.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Clara, with Justus' help, is driving the tractor and hauling away some branches to a field on the farm.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cora is an exceptional baker - cheesecake, Bee Sting cake, strawberry cake. Usually when we arose in the morning, Cora had baked a new cake for the day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
For a few weeks, while travelling, we have been frustrated that the wifi connections that we have purchased have been unusable. While staying with this family, Justus noticed that their wifi was very slow. It turns out that we are the problem! Our Mac does frequent uploads to iCloud to back up our photos (Photostream) and this has been disturbing the connection. Justus shut it down, and voila! the connection now works.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A local beer, brewed a few km down the road. We like the boar image on the label.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Father and son - sharing a passion for tractors. Georg has a newer model of the Eicher and both are used on the farm.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0